Monday, May 24, 2010

bad news and good news

looking back at all that has happened in the past 5 months i came across these photos that i had forgotten we had taken.  back in december my father-in-law was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer.  not good.  after weighing their options my in-laws decided to head out to salt lake city to the huntsman cancer center.  that was the bad news. 

the good news is that after months of chemotherapy his cancer is pretty much gone.  truly a blessing from above.  we look forward to their scheduled return in july and are glad that we will have many more years with "nono". 

mauricio and i are especially looking forward to giving them their two dogs back. they are a bit mischievous, to say the least.  that is a whole different post the title of which would be "chows gone wild!"  let's just say it involved the neighbors goat and me crawling/running around a horse paddock trying to catch them.  all that while the neighbor was yelling profanities at me.  good times.

1 comment:

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

YAY for stupid cancer going away!

BOO for stupid dogs. I can't tell you how much I really, really hate stupid dogs. And our neighbors don't even have goats.


we know dad's foot is missing but we love this pic

find me on facebook too