Sunday, January 24, 2021

The Comeback

     Hey whores, there’s a new sheriff in town. It’s your girl “Freaky Freshman” Sarah. But, sorry to inform you I’m not so freaky or a freshman anymore. ;) 

    This morning at work I googled myself to feel something. As you do. And upon googling myself I came across a lot of childhood photos that I didn’t know were accessible through the google images tab. Imagine my HORROR in learning that any Jo Shmo from the block could take a look at me aged 14 in my Christmas pajamas on my Mom’s old blog. Needless to say I felt vulnerable.

    Naturally, after re-discovering this digital shrine of my early 2000’s life I scrolled through it in full. That’s right Drew Barrymore wanna be’s, I read this whole &*$% thing. I exposed myself to the cringe inbetween phase of my life where your brain thinks you’re an adult, but on the outside it so evident you were practically born yesterday. The jog down memory lane was honestly lovely. (Particularly the lemonade party. I mean-iconic). I found myself longing for simpler times when my only concern was how ragged my hair had become from over straightening it.  However, after a full perusal I came to the conclusion that my image was just not as cool cash money as I thought it would be. Imagine the cacophony of  terror in my chest when I (through careful examination and the results of a rigorous survey taken by my coworkers) realized I was NOT the IT girl of this blog like I expected to be.  Nay, like I needed to be. To stroke my starving 20 something ego. The IT girl, the icon, the moment, the true legend of this family ( between 2009-12) was in fact: Grace Linares. 

    Shocking, I know. But look at the evidence:




2009-2012 Grace Linares was. The. Moment. The original IT girl. Someone to rival Serena Vanderwoodsen if you will. And, I will. She came to eat and left with a full stomach. 


    While I’m sure Grace would be perfectly happy to see this blog stay sedentary and let her reign as Miss Thang continue in perpetuity, I simply cannot let this happen. As they say: If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. I can no longer stay Swiss on this issue. I have to salvage my image that has been so carelessly dragged through the mud by one Heather “the fabulous mom” Linares. So, if you’ve been looking for the real real, the true lives of the Linares family since we last told you what we were up to, stick around. I look forward to updating anyone who still visits this medieval website with the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. 

Xoxo,

THE Linares girl

No comments:


we know dad's foot is missing but we love this pic

find me on facebook too